Monday, May 4, 2009

Bridal Shower Cake

This cake was my first attempt at making a fondant bow. I used an online instructional page to learn how. I made the loops the night before and thought they would be dry enough. They weren't. So, I set them in front of a fan for a few hours. Still not quite stiff enough. So I assembled the bow, using candy melts as the glue and the bow was very wilty. So I rolled up paper towels and then waxed paper to fill the loops while they finished drying. I set the fan on it for a while longer, but as soon as I removed the papers, they sunk in on themselves. I think that it was not only not long enough of a drying time, the fondant may have been a little too thinly rolled out. I was under a time constraint, (of course) and so I had to just let it go.


The waxed paper worked better at holding its shape than the paper towels.


As soon as I took the paper out, this is what happened.


I used my hands to scrunch the bow up tighter and I think it looked a lot better. It didn't stay quite this nice, it needed frequent scrunching.

No comments:

Post a Comment